EDUCATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR MILITARY FAMILIES
We’re humbled by the eagerness of spouses and children to honor their service member by working hard toward educational goals. We pledge to stand in the gap financially as you take the next step in your education.
ANNUAL APPLICATION WINDOW: FEB 1 – MAR 31
- Applications are accepted each year between February 1 and March 31. If March 31 falls on a weekend, the deadline date will be extended to the close of the first business day following March 31.
- Scholarship awards are up to $5,000…not to exceed $2,500 (minimum payment of $100) per term. If, after submitting a check in it is determined that the awardee has an unmet need of less than $2,500, Folds of Honor will only disburse the student’s actual unmet need, based on their school account balance. Remaining funds will be retained by Folds of Honor and may be utilized by the student at another payment term within the same academic year.
- Applicants must reapply each year they are interested in receiving funds from Folds of Honor.
- All application information must be submitted through the Folds of Honor online portal.
- Documentation is not accepted via US mail, fax, email or over the phone.
- Offer or denial notifications will be sent in mid-July. All funds are mailed directly to the educational institution. No funds are sent directly to an awardee.
- ALL students attending a post-secondary institution (even technical/trade school) are strongly encouraged to complete and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) here. You must have one submitted to be eligible for both federal aid as well as most scholarships/grants through your institution.
- Be sure to visit your academic advisor as well as the school’s Veterans Services office. These are both important contacts with helpful information and resources.
If you have any questions, please contact the Folds of Honor scholarship department at (918) 274-4700 or email us at [email protected].
Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm Central Time.