Because diplomas open doors.
We’re humbled by the eagerness of spouses and children
to honor their service member by working hard and
graduating college. We pledge to stand in the gap
financially as you take the next step in your education.
Annual Application Window: Feb 1 – Mar 31
- Applications are accepted each year between February 1 and March 31. If March 31 falls on a weekend, the deadline date will be extended to the close of the first business day following March 31.
- Scholarship awards are up to $5,000…..not to exceed $2,500 (minimum payment of $250) per term. If, after submitting a check in it is determined that the awardee has an unmet need of less than $2,500, Folds of Honor will only disburse the student’s actual unmet need, based on their school account balance. Remaining funds will be retained by Folds of Honor and may be utilized by the student at another payment term within the same academic year.
- Applicants must reapply each year they are interested in receiving funds from Folds of Honor.
- All application information must be submitted through the Folds of Honor online portal. Documentation is not accepted via US mail, fax, email or over the phone.
- Offer or denial notifications will be sent in mid-July. All funds are mailed directly to the educational institution. No funds are sent directly to an awardee.
HOW TO APPLY
- Review the Scholarship Guidelines found above.
- Print the Higher Education Scholarship Checklist found here and obtain all of the required documentation.
- Go to fohscholarships.communityforce.com (bookmark the landing page!) and scroll to the bottom of the page to create a new account (or login if you have previously created an account).
- Click on Higher Education Scholarship Application to start a new application (please only start one application for each student).
- If you have more than one student to submit an application for, the next pop up will be very important. This feature allows you to “name” each application for easier identification when logging back into the account. (Eg. Bob Jones is name of your first application; Sally Jones is name of second; James Jones is name of third…)
- Start with the first section; 1. HE Applicant Information.
- Continue through the sections (in number order) until you come to the end of the application.
- On your dashboard (the page that shows the icons of all the sections), there is a dropdown menu in the top right-hand corner that says Choose Action. Click on the dropdown menu and select Preview Application. This feature will allow you to view the entire application that you have just completed, section by section.
- Review the answers you have provided OR click the Printer Icon in the top right-hand corner of the page to print a copy of the application. *This view does not show the uploaded documents! Please make certain you review your document uploads separately to ensure they are complete and contain the correct, required information.
- Once you are satisfied that you have completed the application, return to your dashboard. In the top right-hand corner, next to the Choose Action dropdown, click the red “Final Review and Submit” button. You will know you’ve successfully submitted the application if you receive an auto-response confirmation email verifying submission. You should also be able to log back into the application and see a status of “Submitted”.
- ALL students attending a post-secondary institution (even technical/trade school) are strongly encouraged to complete and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) here. You must have one submitted to be eligible for both federal aid as well as most scholarships/grants through your institution.
- Be sure to visit your academic advisor as well as the school’s Veterans Services office. These are both important contacts with helpful information and resources.