Educating their legacy
As a son or daughter of an American hero, you have our
immense gratitude. It is our privilege to provide
scholarships to help ensure you receive a solid primary
and secondary education.
Annual Application Window: Feb 1 – Mar 31
- Applications are accepted each year between February 1 and March 31. If March 31 falls on a weekend, the deadline date will be extended to the close of the first business day following March 31.
- Scholarships awards are up to $5000 per academic year (August 1 – July 31). If, after completing the acceptance form, it is determined that the awardee has an unmet need of less than $5000, Folds of Honor will only disburse the actual unmet need as shown on the statement of account and will retain the remaining balance.
- Scholarships are for one (1) of the following categories: private school or tutoring services (from an established, licensed business)
- All application information must be submitted through the Folds of Honor online portal. Documentation is not accepted via US mail, fax, email or over the phone.
- Offer or denial notifications will be sent in mid-July. All funds are mailed directly to the educational institution. No funds are sent directly to an awardee.
- Applicants must reapply each year they are interested in receiving funds from Folds of Honor.
HOW TO APPLY
- Review the Scholarship Guidelines found above.
- Print the Children’s Fund Scholarship Checklist found here and obtain all of the required documentation.
- Go to fohscholarships.communityforce.com (bookmark the landing page!) and scroll to the bottom of the page to create a new account (or login if you have previously created an account).
- Click on Children’s Fund Scholarship Application to start a new application (please only start one application for each student).
- If you have more than one student to submit an application for, the next pop up will be very important. This feature allows you to “name” each application for easier identification when logging back into the account. (Eg. Bob Jones is name of your first application; Sally Jones is name of second; James Jones is name of third…)
- Start with the first section; 1. CF Applicant Information.
- Continue through the sections (in number order) until you come to the end of the application.
- On your dashboard (the page that shows the icons of all the sections), there is a dropdown menu in the top right-hand corner that says Choose Action. Click on the dropdown menu and select Preview Application. This feature will allow you to view the entire application that you have just completed, section by section.
- Review the answers you have provided OR click the Printer Icon in the top right-hand corner of the page to print a copy of the application. *This view does not show the uploaded documents! Please make certain you review your document uploads separately to ensure they are complete and contain the correct, required information.
- Once you are satisfied that you have completed the application, return to your dashboard. In the top right-hand corner, next to
the Choose Action dropdown, click the red “Final Review and Submit” button. You will know you’ve successfully submitted the application if you receive an auto-response confirmation email verifying submission. You should also be able to log back into the application and see a status of “Submitted”.